It’s more funder down under.
1. It was pretty hard to concentrate on actual class because this was basically your backyard.
2. These freakin’ birds are your enemy. They woke you up, begged for food, and stared at you on the reg.
3. You absolutely, 100%, took a picture like this:
4. And like this:
5. You traveled to Cairns to see views like this:
6. And then tried your hand at scuba diving, while hoping you didn’t see one of the millions of deadly animals Australia has.
7. Most of your time spent snorkeling was capturing photos like this:
8. And like this:
Because everyone back home NEEDED to understand what you were seeing.
9. You signed up for surfing school because WHEN IN AUSTRALIA, right?!
10. And probably fell 12 times for every time you stood up on the board.
11. You tried to play a didgeridoo, and definitely failed.
Sorry for all the spit.
12. And you ate some of these little guys’ meat.
13. And when you went to your first barbecue, you learned that sandwich bread instead of buns is the only way to do it.
14. You did all of your grocery shopping at one of these places:
And cried every time because bottled water was $8.
15. And you were so excited to find out Australia had Target only to be left terribly disappointed when it wasn’t the same AT ALL.
16. You tried to understand rugby, and didn’t at all.
It looks like they’re building human pyramids?
17. But as much as you didn’t understand rugby, cricket was your literal nightmare.
You mean to tell me that this match lasts THREE WHOLE DAYS?!?
18. You didn’t ever eat Ben & Jerry’s because it cost approximately an arm AND a leg.
19. So you mostly stuck to the heaven that is Tim Tams.
And even perfected the Tim Tam Slam.
20. Or allowed yourself to enter the paradise that is Max Brenner’s.
Repeat after me: CHOCOLATE IS GOOD FOR YOU.
21. You posed in front of the Opera House and thought about Finding Nemo.
PSA: 42 Wallaby Way Sydney doesn’t exist.
22. You made the mistake of referring to this as “shrimp on the barbie” before you learned they’re actually called “prawns.”
And now you will never make that mistake again.
23. You developed a certain affinity for boxed wine because it was basically all you could afford.
Want some rum? HOPE YOU HAVE $100!!
24. And you even tried to develop an affinity for Vegemite…and failed.
Sorry, I don’t like things that don’t taste like Nutella.
25. You learned the hard way when you had some downtime.
What kind of sorcery is this?
26. And you know that studying abroad in Australia basically ruined your life because nothing else will ever compare.
Flickr: stoofstraat / Via Creative Commons
We left our hearts down under.